/!\ 04/2015 update: Due to most time being currently spent documenting the various techniques that are required to implement the tool and publishing them on the blog, actual development has been put on hold until most of those are pushed out.
If at some point in the future you think the project has been abandoned, feel free to contact me to obtain source code of what has been achieved by then. /!\
What Is it ?The CreaturesKontrolCenter is a program I'm currently writing while exploring the Creatures series.
It's a huge external app, meant to control and interface with the game in many powerful aspects, and hopefully in a more usable way than the original game interfaces.
Basically, it's the game Interface as I would have wanted it years ago.
Think of it as a Borg with kits on steroïds.
|A screenshot from an early version of CKC featuring a working navigation map, scriptorium browsing, grendel selection, world switching,a quick access CAOS console and other hidden stuff. ( Works with C1 and C2 )|
What does (or will) it do ?All the stuff the basic game interface can do ( so you can remove the original interface altogether and play fullscreen on a dualscren setup) plus much more !
- Connects seamlessly to a C1, C2, or C3 game ( Only C1 & 2 supported so far )
- Allow to connect to remote instances of the game through TCP.
- More usable and customizable kits ( design and save your own injections presets, monitor more chemicals at a time... )
- Monitor multiple norns at once
- A realtime map of the world which you can use to navigate in Albia,track Norns, or edit stuff.
- Usable user-defined alerts ( the ones in the observation kit in C2 were a good idea, but were totally worthless as implemented )
- Built in dynamic encyclopedia, automatically listing edibles and cobs in the world, and precisely describing their effects.
- Enabling infinite scrolling in C1,
- Enable world switching.
- Enable grendel selecting in C1
- Browse and compare genomes in a more usable way than existing tools.
- Browse genealogy of all creatures ever imported in your game, with the possibility to revive dead Norns from their genome files, or to generate eggs from long departed norns that never mated while alive.
- Edit links between ingame teleporters in realtime
- Make any cob user/Norn/grendel (un)activatable at will.
- Edit rooms
- Built-in script browser and editor, for using on all ingame scripts, or managing your own script library where you will put development or useful CAOS scripts.
- A CAOS console so you can directly try scripts ingame, with the ability to use the ones from your personal library.
- A networking TCP interface, so you can in turn interface with the program from a simple socket in any programming language.
- And much much more ...
|What about a one stop C1/C2 egg/.eggfile maker ?|
Where do I get It ?Right here! But not yet.
For now it's still highly unpolished and buggy, but I will be posting Alpha versions soon as it gets more usable.
Drop me a note if you'd like to see some features in there.